I saw my hairdresser earlier today, we had the usual chat about what we’d both been doing recently and she went on to ask me if I’d seen various programmes on television. I smiled and said “No”. I think she thought I must be a bit boring because I hadn’t seen the latest blockbusters. But I went on to explain that I’m usually busy with art even at night when most people are sitting down to watch the soaps. Afterwards I thought about the jobs I’ve got on the go at the moment – and made a note that they are as follows:
1. New York erotic landscape oil painting to paint by Christmas.
2. Erotic landscape in oils to paint as soon as I can.
3. Dog pencil drawing to draw by Christmas.
4. I’ve got to write my talk for the forthcoming WI talk on being an erotic artist.
5. I’ve got my website to update at some point.
6. I’ve still got the Pussy Portraits to do, but they’ll have to wait until the Christmas commissions are done.
7. I’ve got someone coming to see me, who wants to discuss illustrations for a book she’s writing on spiritual healing.
8. I usually design and make my own Christmas cards, and haven’t even started on a design yet, and its November tomorrow, which means time is ticking on.
9. Plus I’m in discussions with other people regarding other off-shoots off my artwork, and that needs to be updated on my website, when I get chance.
And that’s just the main stuff. And only relates to art. But don’t think that I’m moaning, because I’m certainly not! I love the fact that I’m so busy at the moment, and that I have a load of work to do, and will happily take on more commissions for Christmas if they’re forthcoming. Because there’s that adage that if you want a job doing, you ask a busy person, and I’ll fit it in somewhere. ………..But ……..if you ask me if I’ve seen the latest edition of your favourite soap, the answer will definitely be a resounding “NO”!!!!!!